SEND (Special Educational Needs and/for Disabilities)
SEND Information Report quick links, Please click here
For the full SEND Information Report, Please click here
Accessibility Policy, Please click here
Medical Needs Policy, Please click here
The SEND Local Offer, Please click here
All teachers are teachers of special educational needs. We recognise that it is the teacher’s responsibility to meet the needs of all children in their class through their classroom organisation, teaching materials, teaching style and differentiation. However, if the pupil does not make adequate progress even when teaching approaches are targeted at a pupil’s identified area of weakness, then the pupil may be identified as having special educational needs.
Our guiding principle is one of Inclusion. We want to identify and break down possible barriers to learning.
Objectives in making provision for pupils with SEND
● We value all the pupils in our school equally.
● To ensure that all pupils have equal access to a broad, balanced curriculum which is differentiated to meet individual needs and abilities.
● The aims of education for all children are the same, regardless of their difficulties or disabilities.
● It is the responsibility of all teachers to identify and meet the SEN of pupils. In this they can draw on the resources of the whole school.
● Every child is entitled to have his or her particular needs recognised and addressed.
● To offer high quality support to ensure that all needs are met.
● To maximise the opportunities for students with special educational needs to join in with all the activities of the school.
● All pupils are entitled to experience success.
● Consideration of SEN crosses all curriculum areas and all aspects of teaching and learning.
● Any pupils may encounter difficulties in school at some stage.
● All special educational provision is more effective if pupils and parents are fully involved.
● To seek the views of the child and take them into account.
● To acknowledge and draw on parent/carer knowledge and expertise in relation to their child.