SUPPORT for PARENTS
THE PARENTING TEAM
The Parenting Team telephone consultations. Parents and carers can call our office on 01743 250950.
Our team can support parents and carers with:
- Managing difficult questions and worries from children due to the current situation Corona Virus (COVID 19)
- Managing challenging behaviour which might be a result of the changes to their everyday lives.
- Suggestions on activities with children.
This is a valuable opportunity to talk through any difficulties with a member of the parenting team.
If you would like a telephone consultation, please phone the team on 01743 250950 or email parenting.team@Shropshire.gov.uk
SUPPORTING YOUR CHILD AT HOME
BEAM Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin drop-in centres
The BEAM motto is ‘Be kind to your mind’ - we’re here to help you do just that.
Supporting emotional health and offering a well-being service for children and young people across the Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin.
For children and young people under 25 years of age.
Beam understand that talking about how you feel isn’t easy – especially with someone you don’t know, so even if you don't feel like talking straightaway, that's okay.
They are currently providing support through a telephone service and you can talk confidentially to someone in the Beam team.
BEAM say, ‘Whatever the problem is, we're ready to listen and talk it through. No judgements, no pressure and no appointments.
SOME OF THE ISSUES THEY CAN HELP YOU WITH BELOW
Well-being resources for young people Guide for coping with social anxiety
Guide to reducing feelings of anxiety Well-being guides for parents and carers
Responding to reassurance seeking Information and advice to improve sleep
Transitions: lockdown and beyond Supporting anxiety in children and young people
Talking to your child about Coronavirus
BELOW ARE WEBSITES THAT OFFER SUPPORT FOR CHILDREN AND PARENTS
NEW Children's Pastoral Page
This page is just below the 'Pastoral Care' page and is intended for children to use, so please do show them the link.
This page provides emotional support for children, offering little reminders for managing feelings and promotes well being.
Autism West Midlands
Autism West Midlands will continue to offer advice appointments and support throughout the ongoing outbreak over the phone, via email and video links.
Virtual Support Groups for Parents
Tuesdays 11am to 12noon
Wednesdays 8pm to 9pm
These groups will take place via the ZOOM platform and parents will need to book their place in advance.
A Father's group is also available. For both groups contact Gemma via email: email@example.com
For telephone support parents and carers can contact the team directly;
Mon, Tue, Weds Wendy Cowton 07900784186
Weds, Thu, Fri Emma Hegenbarth 07881109480
Supporting children who are anxious and upset about the virus. Coping with change and uncertainty. Suggestions to keep them active and engaged.
Shropshire support and information.
- Bee U:The emotional health and wellbeing service for people, up to the age of 25, living in Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin. The website provides more information about what is available and how the service is still operating albeit in an alternative way. https://camhs.mpft.nhs.uk/beeu”>https://camhs.mpft.nhs.uk/beeu
- The SEND Local Offer is a single place for information, services, and resources for children and young people aged 0-25 with special educational needs and / or disabilities, their families, and the practitioners who support them. The website contains coronavirus specific information which can be found here: https://www.shropshire.gov.uk/the-send-local-offer/coronavirus-information/
NEW support for children and teenagers
Two new websites that offer advice and support to parents, children and teenagers. Covering a range of health issues and supporting behaviour and changes related to the teen years. Developed by Shropshire Nurses.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR CHILD
FREE ON-LINE SESSIONS
Access this from your own home
For all parents
All Shropshire parents are now able to access the on-line Understanding Your Child course for free. This is the first online course for parents to be awarded the Government’s CANparent Quality Mark and has been developed by the Solihull Approach team.
To access this free course go to www.inourplace.co.uk then apply this 'Access Code' DARWIN 18
Stay safe & well everyone
Pastoral Support Assistant